Dragon Quest Builders 2 – FAQs – Why can't I sell items?
The first in a list of quick FAQ videos about the things we all get stuck on. Why can’t I sell items?
See below for a detailed description.
COMMON SOLUTION: Tables with price tags cannot be against a wall. The merchant must be able to stand in the block behind the price tag and the ‘customer’ must be able to stand on the block in front.
Item Shop recipe: 1 X Table (any) / 1 X Price Tag / 1 X Shop Sign / 2 X Crate (any)
Items can be sold without creating an item shop. If you have a merchant, a Table with a Price Tag and items available, villagers will still shop at the end of the day regardless. These items do not create a set but will function inside or outside a shop.
* To complete both related Tablet Targets you will need to sell 200 items in total.
* Items like books, farming/mining tools, plushies, cards and food sell quickly. Rotate items out if they are not selling.
* Generally, villagers will shop at the end of the day only. They will often shop at night of they have nothing else to do and will occasionally shop in the afternoon, but not in the morning.
* To speed up item sales, remove recreational rooms and sets that villagers would usually visit at night. Pubs and Spas will especially take away potential customers. Having a source of food and some toilets around the item shop area seem to increase the flow of item sales as villagers don’t stand around saying they are uncomfortable.
If you have a build you’re proud of or need some advice on, please drop the ID in the comments and I’ll check it out! I really want to keep doing these videos, so if you enjoy them please let me know.
I’m active in the DQB2 Reddit (TBDID) and a few Facebook groups, so if you have any question or want to see any particular videos please ask.
– You can visit my Kanto recreation with this ID – p6ZvJgEaXy
– You can visit all my other b with this ID – p6ZvJgEaXy (I will move these to a new island shortly!)
– I won’t be updating this island any further, but please come visit!
Visit my Switch Island – nqXpnZhosM
– I plan to start streaming DQB2 builds and my favourite upcoming games on Twitch!
Visit my Twitch – twitch.tv/humsmush
***If you favourite any of my islands, due to game limitations you will need to re-enter the island ID if I have posted an updated version.